Empty is the word that better describes it. Not sadness, sadness was lurking on a corner, just waiting for a chance to settle in. And the void was just ready for it.
I was supposed to return yesterday to start picking up my stuff, but I couldn't bother to hurry, and spent my time shopping groceries. At the end of the day, groceries had to be bought, and now anything work related could wait. What would they do, sack me?
I ended up staying at home, pretending to myself I was doing something, and got downtown a bit before six. I had scheduled about five, and big boss called me asking if I was going or not, but I didn't care.
Got a huge trunk, did some sorting with the big boss of what was mine and what was the from the company, had to "fight" for some cards and some notes, a lot of stuff went straight to the bin, and I left with a huge bag full of paper and personal effects, as well as a big plastic box. Funny how personal effects sounds as I was going out of jail, could be a sign. My books were left behind to be picked up later, and I had to agree to return the following day to sign some papers that those clowns were not able to draft or print properly, and return the Ipad. I will miss the Ipad, but at least I managed to keep the Iphone.
Some sadness struck me when I noticed that the office had become a part of my house: apart from the books I had medicine, socks, ties, a blazer, my personal finance, a whole lot of stuff that made that moment more difficult. But that is past now.
When disconnected from the company email, I've lost a huge bunch of contacts too. Fuck them, I still have the cards, and if necessary I'll make the connections again. Anger has settled in. Wife has felt the anger, and I said: what did you expect? Well, it wasn't that empty then.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário