I have
arrived to the office in the morning, the documents were still badly drafted but I have signed them,
and we’ve been through the computer files, as I took some personal files and
pictures. Also I have sent a message agreed with the big boss to our greatest
(and almost sole) supplier. The word is on the streets.
Before the office I have been to some kind of a
guru. Being skeptical as I am, it is clear that I was pretty desperate.
Theoretically he balances my energies, but to me it turns out as therapy, as I
talk, cry, and tell things that normally I don’t tell other people. At the end
it has some value, but I always leave thinking I won’t return. But I do.
After the
office, where I still left my books, I had lunch with my brother. It is always
a breath of fresh air, being close to him, talking to him. But sadness had
already filled that void. Into that process I have promised myself I won’t
think about work, or what will I do with my life from now on, for at least 4
weeks, in which I’ll jog, surf, take care of my kids, of my house, of my wife.
And doing that, take care of myself. It would be foolish to believe I would not
think about work or my future, but I am treating those thoughts as they were
bad thoughts: when they come I try to make them go away by thinking of something
else. This blog should be a good way to go through this period, but at the same
time it brings back the things I am trying to avoid.
And to
finish the day I have updated my Linkedin status as “Shipping professional at
Garden Leave”. Now it is public. And now I start to deal with my pride and my
shame.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário